(If you have pictures to add to this DropBox folder please email firstname.lastname@example.org and I'll add you as a contributor.)
Date: Sunday June 21, 2015
Start Time: 9am
Start Location: Wild Oak Trailhead Parking http://goo.gl/maps/bZXEM
PDF Map w Cue Sheet (ideally printed on 11x17 paper): LINK
Mark your calendars, this VES features 3 route length options (13, 30 & 43 miles) and some of the very best mountain biking anywhere!
Shenandoah Valley Bicycle Coalition (SVBC) continues to make a huge impact on trails all over the Harrisonburg, VA region and particularly in the George Washington National Forest. Through SVBC's model partnership with the USFS, some amazing results have been produced. SVBC's work in the North River District of GWNF is ongoing, with the club maintaining even the remotest of trails. Also, monetary contributions secured through the RTP and other sources have funded projects a grand scale and optimized the riding experience.
Great article on the riding in this region of VA: Virginia's new mountain biking mecca | GrindTV.com
Support the Shenandoah Valley Bicycle Coaliton Recreational Trails Program! from Shenandoah Bicycle on Vimeo.
3 Length Options: All Start at the Wild Oak Trailhead Parking area.
- Lookout Mountain Loop (13.1mi | 1681ft):
- ALL ride lengths start together (just like we did at the Terrapin Mountain Predicament) and ride the Lookout Mountain Loop.
- Check out this video: http://vimeo.com/adventureseen/lookout
- Lookout + Narrowback (30.1 mi | 3800ft):
- After completing the Lookout Mountain Loop, 30 and 43 mile riders will restock at their cars, then head north on Tillman Rd toward Narrowback, ride the Narrowback Mountain Loop and then finish with an easy downhill back to the Wild Oak Parking.
- Lookout + Wolf + Narrowback (43mi | 5800ft):
- From Lookout, as riders head north on Tillman Rd they pass the Dog Graveyard to 924 Briery Branch Rd, do the Wolf Ridge Loop, then right onto Tillman Rd, ride the Narrowback loop and finish with an easy downhill back to the Wild Oak Parking.
What does it do?
- Complete maps, vertical profiles, descriptions, and photos for every Ride and Trail
- Send a Ride or Trail to the phone, and it will be there next time you open the app
- Sync your To-Do list & Check-Ins
- Out on your ride, your location appears right on the trail - you will never get lost!
- Works with no cell signal, including all mapping and geolocating features